Business NH Magazine and the NH Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives invite you to enter the 2016 Business of the Year competition.
This is an opportunity for NH businesses to celebrate excellence in their companies. Companies that won the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 or 2016 Business of the Year competition are not eligible to enter.
To qualify, companies and organizations must be currently active in business in the state of NH. Eight NH companies will be honored, one from each of these industry categories:
• Business Services
• Construction/Engineering/Real Estate
• Financial Services/Insurance
• Health Care
THE APPLICATION IS ONLINE ONLY. The application deadline is January 31, 2017, after which the online form will no longer be available.
Please note the application is quite extensive. Answer each of the questions below in 1,000 words or less. We suggest you answer the questions in a word document, save them and copy them into this form. Scroll to the bottom of the form for the list of questions.
Please contact editor Matt Mowry with any questions or call him at 603-626-6354 x214.
City/Town, State, Zip Code
Towns and States of Additional Facilities
Name of Top Executive
Title of Top Executive
Name of Top Executive in NH (if different)
Title of Top NH Executive
Years in Business
Years in Business in NH
Total Number of Employees
Number of Employees in NH
Name of Contact Person
Title of Contact Person
Phone Number of Contact Person (include extension)
E-mail of Contact Person
1. Please provide a brief description of the company, its main business activities and its mission statement
2. Describe how the company is a leader in its community and/or the state. While you may provide a historical perspective of the company's civic involvement, your response should also focus on accomplishments during the past year. (Include volunteer efforts, in-kind and cash donations, and political and/or policy work.) Highlight awards, offices and other special positions held by individuals or the
company. Describe the philosophy that drives its civic involvement.
3. Describe how the company is a leader in its industry and the contributions it has made
to its industry. While you may provide a historical perspective, be sure to highlight
accomplishments during the past year as well. Explain what distinguishes the company in
4. Public companies should upload a copy of their annual financial report. Private companies are asked to upload a letter from their bank or accountant indicating financial health. It is also suggested that they include financial ratios and calculations, such as current ratio, sales volume, working capital, and equity.
5. Submit four letters of recommendation: one from the president or executive director of your local chamber or the BIA and three from recognized business leaders in your community. These letters should explain, from the writer's perspective, why the company should be considered for Business of the Year.
Please e-mail letters to email@example.com. The subject line needs to read "BOY recommendation letter for (inset company name)."
6. In up to 1,000 words, have the president or CEO of the
company explain the vision for the company and the role it plays in NH. How is the company strategically implementing that vision?