Thousands of stats and facts to help you do business in NH including manufacturing, high tech, banking, business resources, tourism, health care and more. Purchase your copy or subscribe to BNH today.
Sign up for email updates for when the new magazine comes out.
|Five NH Companies Receive $56,122 for Job Training|
|Published Monday, July 17, 2017|
This past June, five companies received $56,122 in NH Job Training Fund grants to help train 87 workers. With the employers matching the awards, total training funds are $112,244.
Grant recipients include the following companies:
- Fulcrum Associates in Amherst, a construction management services firm, received up to $39,325 for a Leadership Development Training Program from Skye Business Solutions for 20 employees.
- Textiles Coated International in Manchester, a manufacturer of high-performance fluoropolymer films, laminates and composites, received $6,000 to train 10 employees in ISO 9001:15 certification through the NH Manufacturing Extension Partnership in Concord.
- Geophysical Survey Systems in Nashua, a manufacturer of ground penetrating radar equipment, received $1,495 to train one employee to be a certified instructor in wire and cable harness inspection by EPTAC.
- C.W. Keller & Associates in Plaistow, an engineering and fabrication manufacturer that makes custom products for various industries, received a grant to help train 27 employees in a suite of Microsoft software and basic computer skills by Manchester Community College.
- Polyonics in Westmoreland, a manufacturer of specialty coated films and products which withstand harsh environments, received $6,025 to train 29 employees in Leadership and Development by Reflection Point Consulting, and one employee for certification in production and inventory management by APICS.
Job Training Fund grants are available to businesses located in NH and businesses intending to locate in the state, and who pay quarterly taxes into the NH Unemployment Trust Fund. Training programs may include, but shall not be limited to: structured, on-site laboratory or classroom training; basic skills; technical skills; quality improvement; safety; management and supervision; and English as a second language. Application information is available here.
Send this page to a friend
Show Other Stories